dimanche 8 mai 2022

'Letters from the past' at Sunday Postcard Art

'Letters from the past' at Sunday Postcard Art


“I have only one passion, that of light, in the name of humanity which has suffered so much and which has a right to happiness. My fiery protest is only the cry of my soul. So dare someone to bring me to the Court of Assizes and let the investigation take place in broad daylight!
I'm waiting."
Emile Zola
(Excerpt from 'I accuse', an open letter to the President of the Republic Félix Faure, concerning the trial of the Dreyfus affair in 1898.)

<<Je n'ai qu'une passion, celle de la lumière, au nom de l'humanité qui a tant souffert et qui a droit au bonheur. Ma protestation enflammée n'est que le cri de mon âme. Que l'on ose donc me traduire en Cours d'Assises et que l'enquête ait lieu au grand jour!
J'attends.>>
Emile Zola
(Extrait de 'J'accuse', lettre ouverte au Président de la République Félix Faure, à propos du procès de l'affaire Dreyfus en 1898.)

9 commentaires:

  1. Bold and beautiful as always, his portrait is so clear it is amazing. Now I will have to study Zola and find out his place in history, I have heard of him but I don't recall the history. I love the study of history.
    I hope all is well with you. It is a beautiful day here, I hope the same for you my friend. Have a wonderful week. Warm hugs from here.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. A wonderful postcard. Thank you for joining us

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You really make stunning work Sim and this is no exception... Amazing!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. this collage sends shivers up my spine! such powerful images, everything about it accents the seriousness of the story. brava! xo

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Sim - there is nothing to add to the quote from Zola! And your conversion to the topic is simply terrific again.
    (And finally I got HOW the new comment function works at Blogger ...) Have a great week & best wishes

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. I forgot: I have devoured (almost all of) Zola's books. Really one of the greats of world literature. :-)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. A beautiful and meaningful creation. Vee xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Impact to the max here, Sim, to the point where I feel like I should follow Katrin's lead and read his books. Like Deann, I'm not up on the history, so I must go get the background. As always, thank you for your powerful works! xo

    RépondreSupprimer