dimanche 6 décembre 2020

And a freebie .png I made, if you want it...

'Tis the season' at Take a Word

13 commentaires:

  1. Wow fabulous I love the magenta and the wonderful shadow you included. I adore both they are so joyful...just what we needed...great job Sim.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Dear Sim, what a wonderful & great vintage Santa! Thump up! ()And yes I know, that the red suit comes from santa claus in the advertisement (by C***C***) ;-) And so the green fits his very well.
    Thanks for your warm email! :-)
    Have a wonderful week, stay well &
    warm greetings Katrin

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. We first see Santa Claus appear, with his red suit with white lapels and his cap, around 1860 in the United States, then at the beginning of the 20th century in numerous illustrations. He is jovial and round with his big white beard.

      The reference to Coca Cola came in 1931 when the Atlanta firm launched a major advertising campaign in which it used the image of Santa Claus.

      Supprimer
    2. So, this is not the company that invented the red costume of Santa Claus, it is a rumor that dies hard ...

      Supprimer
    3. Sim many thanks for all the interesting details about Santa. But I already knew, that Coca Cola did not bring the red look of jovial old Santa with a long & white beard. ;-)
      That what I wanted to say is that Santa was formerly dressed with a green coat ...
      (Sorry, my english is not good enaugh to explain exactly, what I mean ...)
      Stay safe & best wishes
      Katrin

      Supprimer
    4. Your english is better than mine! :)
      Stay safe too Katrin.

      Supprimer
  3. Luxurious Santa, indeed. Very beautiful piece of art on the theme. There are many legends about Sata. One is that he lives in our Lapland's Korvatunturi. Hundreds of children over the world sent letters and tell wishes of presents to him every year :)
    Nice to hear that you looked virtual presentation of our Lapland. The safari keepers and tourism is in difficulties for Corona just now. People are afraid of travelling. Normally there are lot of foreign people at his time of year.
    Let's take care and be safe, my friend xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. I LOVE vintage Santas! This one is gorgeous, and I love the magenta piece as well. Back in 1985, I had a band saw. I sketched vintage Santas onto wood, cut them out with my band saw, oil painted them and aged them. It was a fun hobby! If I can find the photo, I will send it along to you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Oh my friend, your Santa is a delight .... such a beautiful vintage piece. I love, love, love it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. What a wonderful pop of colour that magenta adds - a most unusual colour combination for a Christmas image, and just pure magic. The vintage Santa in his green coat is rich, rich, rich!

    RépondreSupprimer